How to Get Rid of Cable: Share your Story!
Getting Rid of Cable: Options Aplenty
It has become increasingly easy to get rid of cable these days through a combination of alternatives without losing much of the entertainment value. And when I say ‘cable’, you can lump in the satellite providers, DirectTV and DishNetwork, as well. High-priced paid subscription TV is the enemy here.
In fact, the lifetime cost of cable can be in the millions. Crazy? Yes.
Here are just a handful of crafty ways that I’ve heard others have used to replace the expensive monthly costs:
- Get network television through a digital antenna.
- Netflix and or Netflix streaming
- DVD’s from the library
- Apple TV. Don’t know exactly what it does, but I’ve heard of some using it
- Mooching off of your friends
- Going to the bars to watch games (I doubt you’ll save money this way, but it sure is fun though)
But….. I have not successfully done it yet myself.
And since this is a clever, creative, tech-savvy community, I’d love to hear stories from you on how you:
- Have been able to get rid of cable by using a combination of services, what that combination is, and how much it costs you.
- Have cut television entertainment completely cold turkey.
- Have been able to replace live television sports without spending even more money at the bar (this one, and this one alone has prevented me from cutting cable).
- Plan on using GoogleTV in the mix, based on what you know about it.