The Best 20SomethingFinance Posts of 2012
It’s New Years Eve morning 2012, and before you get mad blitzed (if it’s not too late already), I thought we’d celebrate the occasion with a continuation of the annual year-end tradition of recapping the best posts of the year.
I promise this will be the last “best of” post you’ll see from me until next New Year’s Eve. Tomorrow, we’ll continue with regularly scheduled programming.
These posts are a combination of the most popular, most highly commented, most controversial, and best posts of the past year.
If you want to take a trip down memory lane, review something, or you haven’t been here for the entire ride, check out the best posts of 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 as well. And I finally put up a complete archive recently.
Thanks for making 2012 a great year on the blog (most visits of any year, passed the landmark 5,000 & 6,000 subscriber count). Cheers to 2013!
- What are your favorite posts of 2012?
- What would you like to see more of in 2013?
- Electricity Costs to Power Common Household Devices
- Why Spend Less than you Earn is Flawed Finance Advice
- Credit Karma Now Offering Free Credit Monitoring
- How to Get 3 Free Credit Reports Annually
- Is the U.S. vs. International 80/20 Rule a Conspiracy?
- 5 Post Grad Financial Mistakes I Made
- 7 Online Brokers with Commission-Free ETF Trading
- How Much Should you Spend on an Engagement Ring?
- Gen Y and their Boomerang to Nowhere
- The Crossover Point & Financial Independence
- What is PMI? How Can you Avoid it?
- Death to the Cheapskate
- Groupon? I’d Rather Buy Poupon
- The Marriage of Impact Reduction & Personal Wealth
- Stop Complaining & Start Acting on High Gas Prices
- I Won the Mega Millions!
- 3 Ways to Get Rid of Your Modem Fee
- Why you NEED to Start Investing
- The Funny Thing About Convenience
- Frugal Origins: Why do you Practice Frugality?
- How Much Should you Put Towards a Down Payment?
- What is the U.S. Poverty Line & Can you Live Below it?
- How to Invest in Small Amounts as a Beginner
- How to Replace your Comcast Modem with your Own
- Does Opening or Cancelling a Credit Card Impact your Credit Score?
- The Big Home: American Dream or Disease?
- How to Roll Over your 401K to an IRA
- Lifestyle Inflation Justified
- An Introductory Guide to Dividend Investing
- What’s in my Wallet?
- Dividend ETF’s
- How Much Money would you Need to Walk Away?
- New Fuel Economy Standards: 54.5 MPG by 2025
- Home Equity Loan vs. HELOC
- Charitable Tax Deduction Donation Receipts
- The Retirement Crisis that Could Lead to a Zombie Apocalypse
- The Two Things Everyone Should do to Lower Heating Costs this Winter
- Why Eyeglasses are so Expensive & how you can Pay Less
- Where to Get Cheap or Free Flu Shots
- How Much Life Insurance Should you Buy