PerkStreet Financial Review: A Free Debit Card with Rewards
PerkStreetFinancial Review – A Free Checking Account with a CashBack Debit MasterCard
With the impending Credit Card Act looming, a large number of credit card providers are starting to charge annual fees for the use of their cards for the first time in a long time. I find this problematic, since the only reason I use credit cards for right now is for the perks that they provide, and annual fees deeply cut into that benefit.
That’s why I’ve been looking for a debit card with comparable benefits. Debit cards typically don’t offer good rewards programs, however.
But I just discovered PerkStreet Financial and I’m still trying to figure out what the catch is. It really does seem like a great deal.
What is PerkStreet Financial?
The PerkStreet Financial Debit MasterCard actually offers rewards comparable to or better than a lot of credit cards along with a FREE checking account.
The best part – the debit card offers great cash back rewards:
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back almost anywhere you use your card
- Earn 2% cash back at several popular retailers including Walmart.com and Amazon.com.
- Get 5% PowerPerks at rotating monthly categories and merchants.
PerkStreet’s cash back is definitely better than any other debit card I’ve seen.
Other PerkStreet Financial Benefits
- your first box of checks are free
- no fees for using your account
- nationwide network of 42,000 ATM’s (largest in the nation)
- FDIC insured up to $250,000 through a partnership with Bancorp Bank to offer financial services
- free online banking and bill pay
- no account minimums
The Drawbacks on PerkStreet
The only I could find was a $4.50 fee if your account is completely inactive for the month (which shouldn’t happen if you pay any of your bills or make any charges with your card). Standard overdraft charges apply ($30), less than most banks.
PerkStreet Financial definitely seems like it’s a great alternative to credit cards!