How to Get Free Landscaping Work Done Using Craigslist
Getting Free Landscaping on Craigslist
Here’s a short, but sweet Craigslist power user tip: put what you want to get rid of on Craigslist.
My wife and I are doing some landscape work and we had a ‘Charlie Brown Christmas Tree’ look-a-like in our front yard (yes, that’s it in the picture). It didn’t fit into our landscape plans to keep it and would have taken years to look half-way decent.
So we took a picture of it, threw it up on the ‘Free’ section of Craigslist and said ‘you dig’, and within 12 hours I had 15 emails asking if the tree was still available. By the time I got home from work that day, the tree was gone.
This was really satisfying for three reasons:
- I got some landscape work done at no cost. I didn’t want to dig the tree up, and even if I did, I had no place to put it.
- I saved a tree’s life! Someone will treat it better than I ever could have. And I didn’t have to cut it down. I don’t know that I could have done that.
- I paid it forward. The person who took the tree left me a nice thank you note. I got rid of something I didn’t want, and in the process, someone walked away feeling like they got a real find.
So I’m starting to think about what else around my yard or house I want to get rid of, and make others happy in the process. How does this sound for my next Craigslist ad:
“Free weeds. You dig. Leave the grass.”?
- What’s your best Craigslist Free section find or give-away?
- How have you used Craigslist to save time, money, effort?