20SomethingFinance 4th Blogiversary & Best Posts of 2011!
20SomethingFinance started over a holiday break in December of 2007. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been at this for 4 whole years. Don’t worry though, I published more posts than any other year in 2011, and have no thoughts of slowing down.
To celebrate, I wanted to continue the annual year-end tradition of highlighting my picks for the best posts of the year.
These posts are a combination of the most popular, most highly commented, most controversial, best (my picks) posts of the year.
Thanks for making 2011 a great year on the blog, and I’m looking forward to continuing the push in 2012 for early financial independence with all of you! You can look forward to new community features and much more in 2012.
- What are your favorite posts of 2011?
- What would you like to see more of in 2012?
- What would you do with your Life if Money were not an Issue?
- The Most Fuel Efficient Cars of 2011
- Hidden 401K Fees
- Do you Need to Buy Rental Car Insurance?
- Frugality Through Vegetarianism: How to Save $2K-$3K Per Year & the Planet by Moving Away from a Meat-Based Diet
- How to Port your Number to Google Voice
- The Top 20 Jobs with the Lowest Unemployment
March (this was a particularly inspired month)
- 5 Reasons to Not Build a New Home
- Pay off Debt or Invest?
- Where to Find the Cheapest International Call Rates
- My Cheap Wedding
- What Does the Average Wedding Cost?
- 401K Match Averages
- Broke & Broken: It’s Time to Start Fixing Our Country
- How to Not Invest Like a Pro (and beat them) with Passive Index Investing
- Tragedy, Money, & the Good Things in Life
- What is VantageScore?
- The Cheapest Diesel Cars: Worth the Price?
- The Best Online Brokers
- Roth 401K Basics
- Invest in a 401K or Roth IRA?
- Bandwidth Usage Caps: It’s Time for Consumers to Band Together
- Extreme Couponing
- The Student Debt Cocktail
- The Cost of Air Conditioning Vs. a Fan
- Pay off Student Loans or Save for Retirement?
- How to Sell Things Fast on Craigslist
- Traditional Retirement is Dead: Now What?
- 5 Reasons to Ditch your Car
- 2 Paths to Financial Independence
- Electric & Hybrid Tax Credits by State
- Chinese Ghost Towns
- How to Lower your Comcast Bill
- What is an ETF?
- Political Election Contributions: Why Our Politics are Broken
- My Counseling Session with Mother Earth
- Would you Support your Financially Negligent Parents?
- Free National Wifi Hotspots
- Inheritance? Forget it. 5 Reasons why Gen X & Gen Y Won’t Get Inheritances
- The Obama Student Relief Plan
- 10 Best Interview Tips
- 5 Banks where Debit Cards are Still Free
- Forget Wall Street. Occupy Needs to Head to DC
- Where to Get Cheap or Free Flu Shots
- Steve Jobs: The Dark Legacy Beyond the Cool Devices